We always want to accommodate you. We are happy to make changes to the schedule whenever possible. However, with one full business day notice, it’s easy to fill any openings. Therefore, it’s only fair to charge a cancellation fee if you wish to cancel an appointment 24 hours or less before your scheduled appointment time.
24 hours or less: A charge of 75% of the cost of the estimate if you cancel.
24 hours or less: A charge of 35% of the cost of the estimate if you wish to reschedule.
24 hours or more ( two days or more before scheduled appointment time ): There will be NO CHARGE.
“Lock outs” If a client isn’t home to let the cleaners in or a key isn’t left for them as planned, then the cleaners will wait a maximum of 20 minutes to gain access to the premises and the wait time will be added to your bill. If they still can’t gain access after 20 minutes, it is considered a “LOCK OUT” and you will be billed for 100% of the cost of the cleaning.
Similarly, we often require two full business days notice for a confirmation. If we contact to confirm and do not hear back within 48 hours, the appointment time likely won’t be available any longer (NO CHARGE). The only appointments that is bond to this are clients who have confirmed their appointment.
What are your rates?
Our rates vary based on the size of the house (number of bedrooms/bathrooms etc..) and the frequency of the cleanings (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, one time). We are happy to give you a free estimate if you fill the contact form or if you’d prefer to speak with us, please call us at (347-775-8014) during our regular business hours and we'll schedule you for a free estimate.
What if I can’t be home during the cleaning?
Most of our clients can’t be home during the cleaning. You can always give us instructions on how to enter your home via a call, text or note.
What types of cleanings do we do?
Our most popular services are Weekly, Bi-Weekly, or Monthly Cleanings. We also do One-Time Cleanings and Move-In/Move-Out Cleanings. If you live in a condo and are interested in just having the common areas cleaned (hallways, foyers), we can do that too! We also clean small Offices.
Do I need to provide equipment and cleaning supplies?
No. We provide our own quality equipment and cleaning supplies. Although If you have a product that you prefer, and we do not carry it, we would be happy to use yours.
How do I prepare my home for the cleaning?
Try to organize your things so that our time can be better spent on actual cleaning. If you are in need of us organizing your things, we certainly can accommodate you.
How will the cleaners enter my house?
Most of our recurring clients leave us keys to enter the house. Some give us codes to keyless entry systems or lockboxes. Keys are kept on coded keychains in a lockbox, in a locked office. If you live in a building with a concierge, we can pick up the key at the front desk.
Should I leave a tip?
Tips are not only extremely appreciated, but also an important portion of a cleaners income. Just like tipping bartenders, hairdressers, and delivery drivers who provide 20 to 40 minutes of service, it is the standard to tip house cleaners, who are providing two to four hours of incredibly difficult service.
Tips can vary based on performance but usually equal to 10% of the total bill per cleaner, but additional gratuity for adequate service is greatly appreciated, should be given on-site and must be given separately from your cleaning payment.
How do I pay for my cleaning?
We take Cash, Square, PayPal, Zelle, Venmo and Cash App.
Do your prices include everything, such as taxes, insurances, and employee-related details?
Yes, we take care of all this for you. Some are surprised to hear that a cleaning service would charge sales tax, but its true! Each month, we’re charged 8% sales tax from the federal government, plus an additional 2% from New York City for local sales tax.
By setting an appointment with us, you hereby agree to ALL of the following terms and conditions.
1. In the case that you may not be satisfied with our services, your specific complaints must be brought to our attention within 48 hours of the appointment to be considered for a discount or a free re-clean. Discounts will be given based on the manager’s discretion, as well as the photographic evidence provided, which must be provided within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment.
2. Maria House Cleaning cancellation policy applies to ALL clients, new and old
3. Clients are welcome to provide walk throughs, initial suggestions, written notes, or a list of prioritized tasks. However, clients are NOT permitted to incessantly follow or disturb our cleaners.
4. Any and all tasks that are not included in a standard cleaning must be requested during booking or at least two full business days prior. If you ask cleaners to add tasks that were not mentioned prior to your estimate, they will ONLY be completed if there is extra time remaining in your estimate.
5. Maids will not lift objects heavier than 25 pounds, so they can not clean behind or under big objects or appliances (such as beds, refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.) unless they are moved from their place prior to their arrival. If it is not moved, it will not be cleaned behind it. No exceptions.
6. Client’s are to only to communicate through and make payments directly to the company. Cleaners and clients are prohibited from exchanging personal contact information and/or communicating outside of Maria House Cleaning parameters.
7. Client shall be held liable for any injury or damages to the cleaner, the equipment or property of the cleaner, while on the premises of said engagement if damage is caused by client or guest, or members of his organization or household. Maria House Cleaning is not liable for indirect or consequential damages arising from any breach of conduct. This includes but is not limited to, attorney’s fees, and other costs of defense by reason of actual or alleged violations of any Law, all injuries, deaths, damage to property, suits, claims, liens, lien rights, judgments, liabilities, costs and expenses, which may arise directly or indirectly from the Cleaning Services provided.